ENTITIES COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information on this Site is collected by:
Dorel Juvenile Group, Inc.
Consumer Relations Department
P.O. Box 2609, Columbus, IN 47202-2609
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a visitor to this Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information. In connection with other activities, such as subscribing to the services or newsletter offered on this Site, requesting information, entering contests or utilizing online software applications, Dorel Juvenile may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, Dorel Juvenile may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address, email address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal information. Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
When you use the Site, Dorel Juvenile or third parties authorized by Dorel Juvenile may also collect certain usage data and technical and routing information about your computer or mobile device (collectively, “Usage Information”), such as browser type, operating system, device ID, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your computer. We use this Usage Information to facilitate and track your use of the Site, to measure traffic patterns on the Site and to otherwise administer our web site. Without expressly informing you, we do not match such Usage Information with any of your personal information.
When you submit personal information to Dorel Juvenile through this Site, you understand and agree that this information may be transferred across national boundaries and may be stored and processed in any of the countries in which Dorel Juvenile and its affiliates and subsidiaries maintain offices, including, without limitation, the United States of America and Canada. You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, authorized vendors of Dorel Juvenile may undertake the collection, transferring, storage, and processing of your information for Dorel Juvenile. Such vendors are bound by contract not to use your personal information for their own purposes or provide it to any third parties. One instance where this could occur is in conjunction with framed pages in which the URL for the pages is not visible and the pages are being hosted by a vendor of Dorel Juvenile.
POLICIES FOR CHILDREN
Dorel Juvenile does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from users under 18 years of age. No information should be submitted to the Site by guests under 18 years of age, and guests under 18 years old are not permitted to provide Registration Information or to sign up for contests, newsletters, clubs or activities.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Dorel Juvenile collects your information in order to record and support your participation in the activities and services you select. If you subscribe to a service or register a product, for example, the information is used to register your rights, if any, to technical support or other benefits that may be made available to registered users. As another example, if you enter a contest, information is collected to qualify the entry and contact you regarding the contest or prize awards. Your personal information is also used to keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services of Dorel Juvenile and selected third parties if you have elected to be on our emailing list or otherwise opted to receive such communications.
Dorel Juvenile may collect Usage Information about the use of the Site, such as the types of services used and how many users we receive daily. This Usage Information is collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually. Dorel Juvenile may use this aggregate, non-identifying statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing, or similar promotional purposes and provide such aggregate data to third parties for similar purposes.
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links:
Your Rights: https://rakutenadvertising.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-rights-request-form/
CHOICES REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are other instances in which Dorel Juvenile may divulge your personal information. Dorel Juvenile may provide your personal information if necessary, in Dorel Juvenile’s good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations of a governmental or regulatory body or in response to a valid subpoena, warrant, or order or to protect the rights of Dorel Juvenile or others. Dorel Juvenile may also provide your personal information to third party shipping agents or financial institutions (such as credit card companies) if necessary to order, pay for or ship products or services that you have ordered.
When you visit this Site, you can browse the Site and access important information without revealing your identity. In order to improve our Site, we use "cookies" to track your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It provides a way for our Site to remember you, and enables Dorel Juvenile to record your passwords and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. (For some web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.)
Web pages on this Site or e-mail messages you receive from us may contain a small graphic image called a web beacon, which is sometimes also called a "web bug" or "clear gif". Web beacons are typically very small (generally 1-by-1 pixel) and invisible to the user, however any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or e-mail message, including an advertisement or HTML content, can act as a web beacon. Web beacons are designed to allow Dorel Juvenile or a third party to collect certain information and monitor user activity on our Site. Collected information can include the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the web user comes from, and the time the web beacon is activated (such as when you view the web page, advertisement, or e-mail that contains the web beacon). We may permit third parties to place web beacons on our sites or in e-mails sent on our behalf for purposes of collecting these same types of information.
Search engines offer a feature called "conversion tracking" which is a way to track clicks to sales from either search results or ads on search engines. Using either web beacons or visible images, depending upon the search engine, the search engine notes and saves information in a cookie with non-personal information such as time of day, browser type, browser language, and IP address with each query. Information is gathered in the aggregate, without unique personal data. Conversion tracking allows the search engine company and Dorel Juvenile to track clicks to sales, including the number of clicks ("visits") it takes before a purchase is made and permits Dorel Juvenile to measure the effectiveness of its search engine participation.
We use third party web analytics tools, including Google® Analytics, to collect and analyze Usage Information to help us understand how visitors engage with our Site, to optimize our Site and to tailor advertising based on your site visits. Usage Information collected or received via such analytics may be used by us or third parties (a) to display content specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our Sites when those visitors go to other websites, and (ii) to help determine how ads you have seen and interactions with those ads and other uses of ad services are related to visits to our Site. We and the web analytics providers use first-party cookies and third-party cookies as well as web beacons or other collection technologies to collect such Usage Information. Without expressly informing you and obtaining your opt-in, we do not match your personal information with Usage Information collected from such analytics features.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY PREFERENCES
You have the right to access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences at any time. You may access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences (such as whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Dorel Juvenile or third parties) by calling 1-800-544-1108 (7 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST on Fridays), faxing 1-800-207-8182, or writing to Dorel Juvenile using the contact point indicated below.
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. In your correspondence, please indicate with as much detail as possible the location on this Site where you provided your personal information.
Notice to California Residents
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information, such as a credit card information
- Internet/network activity information collected through consumer interactions with our websites, advertisements, social media presences, and applications, including, but not limited to: System information such as IP address, browser type, browsing history, device type, operating system & version, geolocation data
- Commercial information, including records of service interactions, products purchase, obtained or considered, and product registrations
- Information from 3rd party suppliers, including commercial information necessary to complete purchase transactions and service requests on behalf of our retail partners
- Inferences drawn from the above information reflecting consumer preferences, behavior, predispositions and characteristics
We collect Personal Information from multiple sources and in multiple contexts, including:
- When a consumer opts in to our marketing program by providing an email address on our website
- When a consumer initiates a purchase on our website
- When a consumer initiates a purchase through a Marketplace site where we sell product, including, but not limited to, Amazon 3P, Walmart Marketplace and Google Shopping
- When a consumer initiates a purchase of one or more of our products on a retailer website which, through existing arrangement with the retailer, is shipped and fulfilled directly by us
- When a consumer contacts our Consumer Care team directly
- When a consumer posts a product review for one of our products on a retailer website or on our website
- When a consumer interacts with, or creates an account on, our social media presence, applications or websites
- When a consumer completes the Product Registration process
NOTE: We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from users under 18 years of age. No information should be submitted to the site (or through any of the contexts listed above) by any person under 18 years of age, and guests under the age of 18 years are not permitted to provide registration information or to sign up for contests, newsletters, clubs or activities.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION DISCLOSED FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
NO SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
YOUR RIGHTS AS A RESIDENT OF CALIFORNIA:
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request that we discloser to you the categories and specific pieces of information which we have collected about you in the preceding twelve months. We will honor such requests to the extent required by applicable law. As a resident of California, there are three categories of request which we support:
- 'Data Subject Access Requests': you have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of information and specific pieces of information which we have collected about you in the twelve months preceding your request, including the sources from which we have collected data, the third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and the business purposes for the collection and, to the extent applicable, sharing of information with third parties.
- Deletion of Personal Information ('Right to be Forgotten'): to the extent applicable by law, you have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected from you. Exceptions include where personal information is maintained for:
Data Portability Request: you have the right to obtain your personal information in a format that allows you to transmit it to another organization. We will deliver personal information as required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you, as required by law, that we require additional time to respond.
- Transaction completion;
- Detection of security incidents or protection against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Debugging for identification and repair of functionality errors;
- Exercise of free speech;
- Compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engaging in scientific, historical or statistical research in the public interest;
- Internal uses reasonably aligned with consumer expectations;
- Compliance with a legal obligation; or
- Otherwise lawful use, compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
In all three cases, above, we will first, as required by law, verify the request.
HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST:
If you are from California or Nevada, please submit your request through this form. You may also contact us by calling 1-800-544-1108.
PRIVACY-RELATED INQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
Please note that if Dorel Juvenile sells assets (or the assets of a division or subsidiary) to another entity, or Dorel Juvenile (or a division or subsidiary) is acquired by, or merged with, another entity, Dorel Juvenile may provide to such entity customer and personal information that is related to that part of our business that was sold to or merged with the other entity without your consent.
Dorel Juvenile Group, Inc.
Consumer Relations Department
P.O. Box 2609, Columbus, IN 47202-2609